FLORIDA BIRTH CERTIFICATES
The Lee County Tax Collector's Office now issues certified copies of Florida birth certificates to eligible individuals.
As a partner of the Florida Department of Health's Bureau of Vital Statistics, Florida born citizens are now able to get certified copies of their birth certificate at any of our six office locations. Applications are only accepted in person. No phone or mail in requests are permitted.
Steps to Getting Florida Birth Certificate
- Applicant must provide valid picture identification. Acceptable forms include:
- Driver license or ID Card
- Military ID
- Applicant must be eligible to receive the birth certificate by meeting one of the following:
- Be the child named on the Florida birth record AND 18 years of age or older
- Be the parent of the child named on the Florida birth record
- Applicant must be prepared to provide full information listed on the birth record:
- Full name of child at birth
- Date of birth
- City or county of birth
- Mother's full name including maiden surname
- Father's full name (when listed on birth record)
- Applicant must be prepared to provide full information as requestor:
- Full name
- Relationship to child named on birth record
- Mailing address
- Daytime phone number
- Application must be completed in person.
- Submit applicable fees as shown below.
The Bureau of Vital Statistics and the Lee County Health Department continues to issue certified copies of birth certificates. Please contact either one of these offices for special requests. Special requests may include corrections or changes to birth records or records requests by legal guardian, legal representative or court order.
If you were not born in Florida and need information on how to order your birth certificate from another state, please visit National Center for Health Statistics.