Used Vessel Purchase - Florida Title|
To transfer ownership of a vessel previously titled in Florida, purchased
from a dealer or an individual, you must bring the following to any Tax
- The Florida title properly completed by both the buyer and seller, including signatures, hand printed names, purchase price and date of sale. If the vessel is purchased through a dealer, the dealer reassignment must be completed.
- Additional taxes equivalent to Florida's sales and/or local tax may be due. Proof of purchase price should be provided in the form of a bill of sale or invoice showing vessel purchase price, sales tax paid, and any trade in allowance.
- If recording a lien, the lienholder's name, address, date of the lien, and federal employer identification number are required.
- Each applicant, or their appointed power of attorney, must complete the application for title. If appearing in person at the Tax Collector's office, one of the following types of
identification is required and must be presented at the time of your application:
If you are the appointed power of attorney, the original or a certified
copy of the signed appointment must be presented at time of application.
- A Florida Driver License or identification card
- An out-of-state driver license or identification card with photo
- A Canadian driver license or identification card
- A driver license or identification card from any U.S. territory
- A current U.S. or out-of-country passport
- Military ID
- The applicant's date of birth and Florida driver license number (if available) are recorded as part of the application. If registered in a company name, the federal employer identification number must be recorded.
- Title Fees
- Electronic Title - $5.75
- Title Issued by DHSMV - $8.25
- Title Issued by Tax Collector's Office - $10.75
- Add an additional $1 for each lien recording
- Add $10 late fee for any title not transferred within 30 days of purchase