Transferring Out-of-State Title to Florida Title|
Out-of-state residents moving to Florida and establishing permanent residency are required to register and/or title their vessels. The following documentation is required:
The following states require vessel titles, which may be used to transfer to a Florida title and registration.
- The certificate of title or the current registration, if that state does not issue titles, and a bill of sale or other evidence of ownership required by the law of the state or country from which the vessel was brought into this state.
- Additional taxes equivalent to Florida's sales and/or local tax may be due. Proof of purchase price should be provided in the form of a bill of sale or invoice showing vessel purchase price, sales tax paid, and any trade in allowance.
- If recording a lien, the lienholder's name, address, date of the lien, and federal employer identification number are required.
- Each applicant, or their appointed power of attorney, must complete the application for title. If appearing in person at the Tax Collector's office, one of the following types of
identification is required and must be presented at the time of your application:
If you are the appointed power of attorney, the original or a certified copy of the signed
appointment must be presented at time of application.
- A Florida Driver License or identification card
- An out-of-state driver license or identification card with photo
- A Canadian driver license or identification card
- A driver license or identification card from any U.S. territory
- A current U.S. or out-of-country passport
- Military ID
- The applicant's date of birth and Florida driver license number (if available) are recorded as part of the application. If registered in a company name, the federal employer identification number must be recorded.
- A pencil tracing of the vessel's hull identification number may be required to verify with the title and/or registration.
- Title Fees
- Electronic Title - $9.75
- Title Issued by DHSMV - $12.25
- Title Issued by Tax Collector's Office - $14.75
- Add an additional $1 for each lien recording
|District of Columbia
||North Carolina (opt.)