If the original certificate of title has been lost or destroyed, only the titled owner or his/her appointed attorney-in-fact may apply for a duplicate certificate of title.

When there is an outstanding lien on record, only the lienholder may apply for a duplicate certificate of title.

If there is more than one titled owner and the names are joined by “and”, all owners must sign for the duplicate certificate of title.

Application for Duplicate Title

The following is required to make application for duplicate title:

  1. Complete and submit the Duplicate Title Application to any tax collector's office
  2. Along with:
    • Copy of valid identification for all titled owners
  3. Original Power of Attorney form when applicable
  4. Original Lien Satisfaction form when title status reflects a paper title with a lienholder
  5. Proof of new address if you have recently moved (see instructions on back of application)

Duplicate Title Fees